There are things you should know—and things you should do—to keep yourself safe.
5 hospitalized after possible overdose.
This is a local story we are hearing more frequently about people getting drugged while out having fun. Read more about the 5 people drugged at a bar in chicago.
If someone slips drugs into your drink, taking drugs isn’t a choice you make. Whether you’re at a party or just hanging out, it’s possible that someone—someone you know or someone you don’t—may slip something into your drink that can hurt you.
Keep It covered wants to educate others on the dangers of your drink being drugged.
- Don’t drink from a can or bottle that you didn’t open yourself
- Don’t take a drink from a punch bowl
- Don’t drink from a container that’s being passed around
- If someone offers you a drink from the bar at a club or party, don’t take it. Instead, go to the bar to order your own drink, watch it being poured, and carry the drink yourself.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended while talking, dancing, using the restroom, or making a phone call
- If you realize that your drink has been left unattended, throw it out and get a new one
- Don’t drink anything that has an unusual taste or appearance, like a salty taste or unexplained residue
- Don’t mix drugs and alcohol. Even over-the-counter drugs like cold medicine can react with alcohol and other substances in negative ways.
- Watch out for your friends and ask them to watch out for you. Have a plan to periodically check up on each other.
- If your friend appears very intoxicated, gets sick after drinking a beverage, passes out and is difficult to wake up, seems to have trouble breathing, or behaves in unusual ways, do what you need to do to make sure your friend is safe. Call 911 if necessary.
Signs That You May Have Been Drugged
- You feel drunk even though you haven’t had alcohol
- You wake up very hung over and have a memory lapse or can’t account for a period of time
- Your clothes are a mess or not on right
- You are nauseous, sleepy, and have a loss of reflexes
- You feel like someone had sex with you but you can’t remember it
Buy Keep it covered coverlet to help defend yourself against drugs and COVID.